Helping you make the Buy Vs Rent Boulder CO decision
It’s a hot market and maybe you are at a cross road.
1. Are you a renter who is thinking about buying? Interest rates are historically low, lowering your monthly payment. But inventory is historically low too – so trying to locate the right property and secure it with a contract in this competitive market is challenging.
2. You are an investor and have cash to leverage. No point in leaving it in the bank right? Interest earned on your savings is little to none and you can do better!
3. Already an investor in the area, you are well aware of the strong rental market and strong appreciation that real estate is experiencing. Maybe you’re considering adding to your portfolio?
4. You own a property already but need to sell it in order to buy the next one. Does it make sense to sell first and rent until you find the “one”?
5. Perhaps you are wondering if Boulder CO is the right place to buy or if venturing to a different city might yield different returns on investment?
Where ever your buy vs rent dilemma originates, I have a tool to recommend. No, it’s not the be all and end all. Every person is different and so is every property… But it will probably help get some basic info, very quickly in an easily interpreted form.
In a nutshell and with a little input of variables by you, this tool will show you at what point renting makes sense financially, and when the tables turn.
Yes, it comes as no surprise to me that despite increasing property prices, it only take a few years before you are financially better off having purchased your home in Northern Colorado. But that warrants good credit, a reasonable down payment, income security and the ability to hold the property more than a couple of years. It’s not for everyone.
Still have questions? Would like to get specific information on the neighborhood, price point and condition of a condo, townhouse or house that you are considering? Then feel free to call or email me. With extensive rental management and 10 years of real estate buy/sell experience in Boulder, I would be glad to offer up the data, an opinion or two and some first hand stories.